8/21/2017

Tony Beza

Tony Beza has stepped down as the baseball coach and trainer at Seaside after seven seasons to help care for his wife's family in Fontana.
 Beza had spent more than a decade on the peninsula, having coached at Monte Vista, Alvarez and Gonzales before going to Seaside. He also served as a college and guidance counselor at Notre Dame for nine years.
 "It was a difficult decision,'' Beza said "I didn't want to leave. I really enjoyed my tenure at Seaside. But I informed the school that I won't be coming back.''
 Seaside came within one win of making the playoffs last year, finishing 15-11 with a roster with just one senior. In 2013, the Spartans reached the postseason under Beza with a 16-12 overall mark.
 Beza was also instrumental in keeping the senior all-star game alive.
 Beza is the fourth coach in the Pacific Division to step down since the season ended.

No comments: