2/12/2015

North Salinas girls hoops

A win tonight seals up the Vikings third straight Gabilan Division title - the only champion the league has had since it was formed.
Of course, that's not a surprise. Nor is the fact that North Salinas is chasing another undefeated league season.
 The fact is, this is what we expected -- domination.
 All but one player from last year's Central Coast Section Division I title team is back, including the reigning league MVP in Alyssa Springs.
 But I'm not sure North Salinas will get to defend its Division I title. At 18-2, it is in position to land a spot in the Open Division tournament, which guarantees a spot in the Nor Cal Division I playoffs.
 I don't think there is any doubt that the Vikings are one of the top eight teams in the section.
 But I'd like to see them attempt to defend the Division I title, as only two other county schools have done it in King City and Notre Dame.

No comments: