9/17/2014

Spontaneous decision for Aldrete


 Call it a spontaneous moment between geography and science classes.
 Yet, before Carter Aldrete made his decision, he texted his dad Rich, then called classmate and cousin Andreas Dorio between classes Tuesday morning.
 “I asked Andreas to meet me by the flag pool,’’ Aldrete said. “He asked what’s so important? I told him I’m calling Arizona State and I wanted you to be here.’’
 Seconds later the Monterey junior shortstop called ASU assistant baseball coach Ben Greenspan and told him he was verbally committing to be a Sun Devil.
 “I wanted to get the weight off my shoulders,’’ Aldrete said. “I just said today the wait is over. I have known for a while this is where I wanted to go. I just wanted to be 100 percent.’’
 To read more, go to montereyherald.com.

No comments: