3/03/2014

Soledad boys soccer

I'm having a hard time understanding why No. 2 seed Soledad has to travel two plus hours to No. 3 seed Burlingame for a 7 p.m. Division III Wednesday night semifinal soccer game.
 Forget for a moment that the game could or should be held in Soledad. I mean, they are the higher seed.
 I think the unbeaten Aztecs would settle for a neutral site.
 The CCS just played four playoff games at Rabobank Stadium in Salinas.
 Why not Gilroy or Salinas High, which both have synthetic fields, assuming you're concerned it might rain?
 I realize there were sites predetermined before the postseason started by the CCS. Aptos would be closer than Burlingame for Soledad.
 I know concessions can be made. Salinas High wasn't a host site last year. But it ended up hosting a Division I semifinal game.
 One other thought. If you're going to make a team travel that far to play, why can't the game be at 4:30 p.m. Remember Soledad has to drive home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can't say it, but I will John. Demographics!!