8/07/2017

Graham Santiago

Graham Santiago did something only one other baseball coach in Alisal school history achieved, and that's bringing a league championship home.
 The Trojans magical run last spring included 19 wins, four league wins in the final five days of the season to claim the title, and two postseason wins.
 Santiago's decision to step down to become the pitching coach at Hartnell College is a big loss for the program. Yet, he's laid a foundation that's on solid ground for the next coach.
 "Coaching at Alisal is one of the best decisions I have ever made,'' Santiago said. "This was a tough decision. But I have to do the right thing for my family and myself.''
 Alisal improved in the win column in each of the last five seasons under Santiago, taking small steps towards the ultimate goal.
 Alisal posted back-to-back-to-back winning seasons for the first time in over 30 years.
 "The last 12 years provided many challenges on and off the field,'' said Santiago, a cancer survivor. "I am thankful to have been blessed with this opportunity to continue coaching the game. I will continue to give back to the community where I was raised. Thank you Alisal. What a ride it was."


No comments: