8/31/2016

Ryan Hocog


It was an auspicious start to a new career for Ryan Hocog.
The one-time Alvarez football standouts debut in bodybuilding was a success as he won the gold medal in his category at the Tahoe Show in Lake Tahoe, Nevada.
"I got into it about three months ago,’’ Hocog said. "I thought I might have some potential in this sport.''
Hocog, 19, was also fifth overall -- only teenager -- among 12 overall finalists in their age and weight divisions.
"The coaches were shocked at my age,’’ Hocog said. "They had never had a 19 year old place in the men’s division. I had grown men asking me how I did it, what I eat, what kind of clothing do I work out in.’’
Hocog -- whose dad was a bodybuilder in the 1980’s -- works out three plus hours a day, six days a week.
"It’s a pleasure to do something you’re passionate about,’’ Hocog said.
To turn pro, Hocog will have to win an open men’s division competition (light-heavyweight), which would move him into a national competition, enabling him to get his pro card.
Hocog was a member of The Herald’s All-County football team in 2014, leading the Eagles in interceptions during his senior season with six. He also rushed for two touchdowns and caught three touchdown passes, finishing fourth on the team in scoring.

No comments: